Thursday 30 May 2013

WIP - MIL's Quilt

Oops it's Thursday already!

I'm one of those rare people that actually loves their Mother-In-Law – do you hate me?

Unfortunately she lives in England and we live in Australia, so we don’t get to see her as often as we would like, but at least when she does come to stay it’s for a fair chunk of time. 

I plan on having a quilt ready and waiting for her at Christmas this year (her next trip to see us – can’t wait!)

Being in her mid-80’s, MIL has had a wonderful life so far so I thought I would celebrate it through her very own story quilt.

My plan is to make assorted picture blocks and combine them to make a quilt.

First cab off the rank is this cute Apple Pie Block that I made from a pattern in Australian Homespun.


She’s well known for her Apple Pies!

It’s been a nice change of pace doing a bit of hand sewing …

Sx

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! I'm sure MIL will love - I've got a pretty fantastic MIL too - just don't tell her I said so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embroidery....very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking real good, and I know Babs will love it. xxxx :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...